Blog Template

Monday, February 20, 2012

Candles by Victoria - An Introduction

So since this blog is about my favourite things, it only seems natural to include Candles by Victoria in a post. For anybody who likes their home to smell divine, this company is for you!  


Candles by Victoria is a family-run business started up by the lovely Victoria Elliott. There are so many things that I love about this company. First of all, the quality of the product is absolutely incredible. Victoria's candles are clean-burning and extremely highly scented. And best of all, they are so reasonably priced. I can't tell you how many times I've been disappointed with a really expensive candle because I couldn't smell it at all once it was lit! Not with these candles! Because they're so clean burning, I like to save the jars and recycle them for other purposes around the house (another post on that later). And with 700+ scents, you really can't go wrong. There's something for everyone! Now 700+ scents can be a little overwhelming... luckily the company has its own message board called The Pouring Pot, where you can create and account and talk to all the other CBV-lovers out there to get input on Victoria's scents. Not only is the message board helpful with plotting your orders, but you also make some great friends - the people on that board are so genuine and kind-hearted. 

The website has 20 pages of candle products you can browse through, ranging from 5oz mini jelly jar candles to 24oz mustard jar candles, and anything and everything in between! At some point, I'll do a post on my stash so you can see how addicted I really am! Just to give you a sneak peek, here is a glimpse into my CBV-heaven... 


That drawer is full of 8oz and 9oz jelly jars. Whew, I really am addicted aren't I? Well... that's not even the whole stash. In addition to wicked candles, Victoria also sells 2oz chunks of scented wax, which she calls "Scent Shots". They are pieces of scented wax that you can put into a tart melter. The wax melts, and as it does, it releases the scent into your home. What's great about the scent shots is that there's no flame, so if you have young children or pets, it's a great alternative to burning candles. Here's my box of scent shots, plus the tart melter I use to melt them (which Victoria also sells on her website, mine is in "Jet Black"):


This is a really great way to sample out scents that you aren't sure you will love enough to purchase a larger candle of. I can't get enough of them! 

I really hope you all will go check out the website! Trust me, if you like candles, you won't be disappointed. I have recommended this company to so many people, and everyone without fail has loved the product. Look forward to lots more CBV posts from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment